Curso internacional VetPD cojeras y herraje equino
Se celebrará en nuestras instalaciones los días 29 y 30 de septiembre 2017
Curso VetPD para veterinarios de caballos organizado en nuestras instalaciones de Hospital Veterinario San Vicente.
Para más información e inscripción aquí
This two-day practical course has been developed for equine practitioners who already have some experience with lameness investigations and provides a critical review of the current thinking on foot conformation, trimming and shoeing options, combined with an update on foot and pastern conditions, diagnostic anaesthesia strategies and how to interpret distal limb nerve and joint block results. All speakers/instructors are internationally renowned in the field of lameness diagnostics / farriery and spend a significant proportion of their clinical work investigating complex lameness cases.
On the 1st day the following highly-illustrated lectures will be covered by the specialists in English (with Spanish moderation):
- Does the Normal Foot Exist? – Conformation, Footfall & Gait
- Farrier’s Assessment of the Foot & Trimming
- To shoe or not to shoe?
- Interpretation of Distal Limb Local Anaesthesia
- Radiography of the Foot & Pastern
- Principles of Shoeing & Shoe Types
- Ultrasonography of the Foot & Pastern
- Advanced Imaging Modalities – Are they the answer?
- Assessment & Shoeing of the Laminitic Foot
- Conditions of the Foot: Treatment & Farriery Options
- Conditions of the Pastern: Treatment & Farriery Options
On the 2nd day, 7 hours of practical / case-based sessions will give delegates plenty of opportunity to put theory into practice on live horses and limb specimens in small groups (2 – 4 attendees) and to discuss all aspects of the foot lameness work-up, foot trimming and farriery with the specialists. Each delegate will be rotating through the following practical stations:
- Foot Assessment & Trimming on live horses / specimens
- Local Anaesthetic Techniques of the Distal Limb
- Advanced Imaging PowerPoint Case Discussions
- Foot & Pastern Ultrasonography
- Review of Shoeing Options on horses / specimens
- Foot Lameness PowerPoint Case Discussions
The course fee includes lunches at a restaurant, coffee/tea breaks, extensive electroinc course notes and a certificate of attendance. Delegates can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures & Practical Sessions). Early course registration is recommended as there are only a limited number of places available.